A year after David’s death a scholarship has been opened at the Maine Community Foundation with a $10,000 gift in his honor. The goal of the scholarship is to provide financial awards to artists, scholars, and activists working to preserve and promote Native arts, culture, and natural spaces. Grants will be awarded through the First People’s Fund, starting in 2019. In the meantime, we are hoping to raise money for the scholarship, so the awards can provide meaningful support. Gifts of any amount are appreciated and will go toward fostering culture keepers, master/apprentice relationships, research, and artistic expressions. Guidelines are available by request.
To make a donation, please follow these steps:
- Go to mainecf.org and click on the “Give Now” button on the upper right side.
- Choose the level of gift you want to give
- Under the “Gift Designation” dropdown menu, scroll to the bottom and choose “Other.”
- A field called “Other Gift Designation” will pop up. In it, type “David Moses Bridges Scholarship Fund.”
- Complete the rest of the fields and submit.